Join us at Duck Park (at the corner of Long Rapids Rd. and US-23). Permission Slips available for pick up at the parish. Call Jackie 989.354.3019 for info.
Jr. High and High School Youth Ministry
Starting September 12th – Youth ministry for both Middle School and High School will be Sundays at 6:30 – 8:30 at St. John Church. Even through the programs will be meeting at the same time – the two groups will have separate activities. Fr. Tyler is also looking for young adults willing to help out with Youth Ministry.
What does a High School Youth Ministry night look like? We will start in the youth room with random games and snacks. Then…
- 1st Sunday of the month – Scripture night. We will read next Sunday’s Gospel and come up with ideas on how to live it. Whichever idea we like the best Fr. Tyler or Fr. Michael will have to use it in their homily next Sunday.
- 2nd Sunday of the month – Topic night – Random Catholic topics from Fr. Tyler and Fr. Michael
- 3rd Sunday of the month – Adoration, Confessions, and Praise and Worship music in St. John Church
- 4th Sunday of the month – Its your turn! Questions/Answers – try to stump the priest
- 5th Sunday of the month – Saints – Pick your favorite saint and see who can find the craziest information.
Then… the last part of youth night will be spent in some sort of organized game. Volleyball, kickball, corn hole, basketball, kiddie pool kick ball… you name, let’s do it.
What does Junior High Youth Ministry night look like? Similar to High School but in their own space with lessons especially tailored to their age. They will join the High School on the 3rd Sunday of the month for Adoration, Confessions, and Praise and Worship Music.